Office of Clinical Psychology
Claude Ann Mellins, Ph.D. and Laura Mufson, Ph.D.
Working closely with clinical leadership of NYP/CUIMC: Erica Chin, Ph.D and Colleen Cullen, Psy.D.
To establish and support the professional identity, work-related activities, and professional development of clinical psychologists engaged in clinical activities at Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC), New York Presbyterian Hospital (NYP), and New York State Psychiatric Institute (NYSPI).
Our goal is to make a significant contribution to clinical education and the development of clinical services within the Department of Psychiatry and the Medical Center.
- Oversee the credentialing and privileging processes for new and existing faculty in collaboration with the Office of Faculty Affairs
- Provide representation and advocacy within the Department of Psychiatry for clinical psychologists providing clinical services
- Participate in the development of new clinical services and recruitment and retention of clinical psychologists, working with the clinical leadership of behavioral health services at NYPH, CUIMC and NYSPI.
- Support training and participate in the development, organization, credentialing, and review of externships and postdoctoral fellowships
- Maintain the APA accreditation of the Psychology Internship Program under the leadership of Susan Sussmann, Ph.D.
- Create opportunities for clinical psychologists across NYPH, CUIMC and NYSPI to network, collaborate and learn from each other.
To visit the Education and Training page for the Office of Clinical Psychology, click here.