Our research areas provide an administrative infrastructure to coordinate research and training across psychiatric specialties and investigative modalities. Ongoing research, which is funded by grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government and non-government funding agencies, ranges from genomic psychiatry to health services research to the neurosciences.
The following describes the newly formed areas into which the divisions have been grouped to better accommodate new research patterns and encourage collaboration.
- Anxiety, Mood, Eating and Related Disorders
- Behavioral and Psychosomatic Medicine
- Brain Aging and Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Epidemiology and Population Science
- Gender, Sexuality, and Health
- Mental Health Data Science
- Molecular Imaging & Neuropathology
- Psychotic Disorders
- Services, Policy and Law
- Substance Use Disorders