What is the Y-TEAM evaluation?
The Y-TEAM evaluation is a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and consultation service for families, conducted by professional, experienced clinicians at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. This clinical service is offered free-of-charge to families and includes a structured clinical interview with the parent and the child. The evaluation lasts approximately 3-4 hours.
Who is eligible for a Y-TEAM evaluation?
Youth aged 5-21 years who are struggling with mental health issues, particularly anxiety and/or mood disorders, who have never received an evaluation or would like a second opinion regarding diagnosis and/or treatment.
What happens after an evaluation?
At the end of a Y-TEAM evaluation, you and your child will receive:
- Feedback on results of the evaluation including diagnoses
- Specific treatment recommendations
- Information about potential treatment programs at Columbia
- Referrals to mental health providers, if necessary
- Consultations by our staff with the referring provider as needed
Interested in learning more?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have!