Susan Tross, PhD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology (in Psychiatry)
Susan Tross, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in the Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at Columbia University. Dr. Tross is an Associate Director of the HIV Center and a Co-Director of the Interdisciplinary Research Methods Core. In addition, she is Director of Psychology, Education, and Training, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center.
Since 1986, Dr. Tross has conducted several HIV intervention and substance abuse intervention research programs, and has particularly worked on community-based, peer-based, and street-outreach programs programs with drug-involved women. She is currently the Principal Investigator of a multisite project in the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Clinical Trials Network on HIV/STD safer-sex sills groups for women in methadone maintenance or psychosocial outpatient drug treatment programs.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, Ferkauf Graduate School, Yeshiva University
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
AIDS EDUCATION AND TRAINING CENTERS PROGRAM (Federal Gov)
Sep 1 2015 - Jun 30 2019