Owen W. Lewis, MD
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
The two main areas of interest through my career have been child and adolescent psychotherapy and public psychiatry/systems of care. In my writing on psychotherapy I have attempted to integrate the progress of evidence-based treatments with a psychotherapy that accounts for the whole person.
My current work in the area of public psychiatry involves work with TurnAround, a project that aims to change the environments of the most challenging inner city schools in which I direct the mental health services. Most current award: Wilfred Hulse Award (2008) of the New York Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Lewis O, Sargent J, Chaffin M, et al: Progress Report on the Development of Child Abuse Prevention, Identification, and Treatment Systems in Eastern Europe. Child Abuse and Neglect 2004;28: 93-111
- Sicher P, Lewis O Sargent J, et al: Developing Child Abuse Prevention, Identification, and Treatment Systems in Eastern Europe. J Am Ac of Child and Adolescent psychiatry 2000;39: 660-667
- Lewis O: Developmentally Impaired Boys Coming of Age. Am J of Psychoatherapy 2006;60: 37-51