Skip to site alert.
Skip to content
Back to top
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- BA, 1997 Sociology (Criminology Concentration), SUNY Cortland College
- MA, 2001 Criminal Justice, John Jay College
- PhD, 2011 Criminology, Rutgers University
- Behavioral and Pharmacological Treatments for Substance Use Disorders
- Co-morbid Mental and Physical Health Conditions
- Criminal Justice Populations
- HIV Prevention and Treatment
- Implementation Science
- 2018 – 2022
Opioid State Targeted Response (STR) Technical Assistance for HHS Region 2.
- 2017 – 2022
Northeast & Caribbean Addiction Technology Transfer Center for HHS Region 2.
- 2017 – 2022
Northeast & Caribbean Prevention Technology Transfer Center for HHS Region 2.
SAMHSA 5H79SP081033 (subcontract from Rutgers University)
- 2020 – 2025
The Training and Practice Implementation Institute (TPII)
NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygience / Contract No. 82463
- Molfenter, T.M., Roget, M., Chaple, M. et al. (2021). Use of telehealth in substance use disorder services during and after COVID-19: Online survey study. JMIR, 8(2). e25835
- Cross-Technology Transfer Center (TTC) Workgroup on Virtual Learning (2021). Virtual Reality of Behavioral Health Workforce Development in the Era of COVID-19. JSAT, volume 121.
- Garner, B. R., Gotham, H. J., Chaple, M., Martino, S., Ford, J. H., Roosa, M. R., Speck, K. J., Vandersloot, D., Bradshaw, M., Ball, E. L., Toro, A. K., Griggs, C., & Tueller, S. J. (2020). The Implementation & Sustainment Facilitation Strategy improved implementation effectiveness and intervention effectiveness: Results from a cluster-randomized type 2 hybrid trial. Implementation Research and Practice, Volume 1: Jan-Dec 2020 1–23
- Chaple, M.J., Freese, T.E., Rutkowski, B.A., Krom, L., Kurtz, A.S., Peck, J.A., Warren, P., & Garrett, S. (2017). Using ECHO™ Clinics to Promote Capacity Building in Clinical Supervision. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 54 (6S3): S275-S280.
- Garner, B.H., Gotham, H.J., Tueller, S.J., Ball, E.L., Kaiser, D., Stilen, P., Speck, K., Vandersloot, D., Rieckmann, T.R., Chaple, M., Martin, E.G., & Martino, S. (2017). Testing the effectiveness of a motivational interviewing-based brief intervention for substance use as an adjunct to usual care in community-based AIDS service organizations: study protocol for a multi-site randomized controlled trial. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice, 12:31.
- Garner, B.R., Zehner, M., Roosa, M.R., Martino, S., Gotham, H.J., Ball, E.L., Stilen, P., Speck, K., Vandersloot, D., Rieckmann, T.R., Chaple, M., Martin, E.G., Kaiser, D., & Ford, J.H. (2017). Testing the implementation and sustainment facilitation strategy as an effective adjunct to the Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) strategy: study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice, 12:32.
- Chaple, M., Sacks, S., McKendrick, K., Marsch, L.A., Belenko, S., Leukefeld, C., Prendergast, M., & French, M. (2016). A Comparative Study of the Therapeutic Education System (TES) for Incarcerated Substance Abusing Offenders. The Prison Journal, 96(3): 485-508.
- Chaple, M., Sacks, S., Randell, J., & Kang, B. (2016). A technical assistance framework to facilitate delivery of integrated behavioral health services in Federally Qualified Health Centers. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 60: 62-69. doi: 10.1016/j.jsat.2015.08.006
- Chaple, M., Sacks, S., McKendrick, K., Marsch, L.A., Belenko, S., Leukefeld, C., Prendergast, M., & French, M. (2014). Feasibility of a computerized intervention for offenders with substance use disorders. Journal of Experimental Criminology, 10(1): 105-127.
- Chaple, M. & Sacks, S. (2014). The impact of technical assistance and implementation support on program capacity to deliver integrated services. Journal of Behavioral Health Services Research, 43(1): 3-17.
- Chaple, M., Sacks, S., Melnick, G., McKendrick, K. & Brandau, S. (2013). The predictive validity of the Dual Diagnosis Capability in Addiction Treatment (DDCAT) index. Journal of Dual Diagnosis, 9(2); 171-78.
- Sacks, S. Chaple, M. Sirkantraporn, J., Sacks, J.Y., Knickman, J. & Martinez, J. (2013). Improving the Capability to provide integrated mental health and substance abuse services in a state system of outpatient care. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 44(5): 288-93.
- Sacks, S, Chaple, M., Sacks, J.Y., McKendrick, K., Cleland, C.M. (2012). Randomized trial of a Re-Entry Modified Therapeutic Community for offenders with co-occurring disorders: Crime outcomes. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 42(3): 247-59.