Laszlo A. Papp, MD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
- Director, Biological Studies Unit
Laszlo Papp, MD, is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, Associate Attending at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Director of the Biological Studies Unit at the New York State Psychiatric Institute, and Director of Anxiety Disorders Research at Hillside Hospital.
Dr Papp's areas of expertise include the psychopharmacology, pathophysiology and treatment of anxiety and mood disorders. He has conducted clinical trials with most medications for these conditions.
Dr Papp is a recipient of several grants, including Scientist Development and Independent Scientist Awards from NIMH and a NARSAD Independent Investigator Award. He is a consultant to Industry as well as to NIH. Dr Papp has over 200 professional publications. He maintains a part-time private practice in New York City and in Great Neck NY.
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Semmelweis Faculty of Medicine - Budapest
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Residency: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Fellowship: New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders (Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Phobias, Generalized Anxiety, Depression etc.)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety and Mood Disorders
DEVELOPMENT OF MULTIMODAL TREATMENT FOR LATE LIFE GENERALIZE D ANXIETY DISORDER (Federal Gov)
Aug 10 2007 - Jul 31 2011