Joshua T. Kantrowitz, MD
Joshua Kantrowitz, MD, is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry and New York State Psychiatric Institute. He is also the Director of the Columbia Schizophrenia Research Center.
His career has focused on understanding the causes, prevention and treatment of psychotic disorders, especially schizophrenia, with a particular focus on NMDA receptor (NMDAR) based and other early stage treatments and auditory cognition. His research has demonstrated that NMDAR dysfunction may contribute to underlying neuroplasticity deficits. Dr. Kantrowitz has also conducted numerous early stage, target engagement biomarker studies with novel therapeutics using neurophysiological and neuroimaging biomarkers.
Dr. Kantrowitz has published over 60 peer-reviewed scientific papers in these fields.
Phone: (646) 774-6738
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
- Director, The Director of the Columbia Schizophrenia Research Center (CSRC), New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Research Psychiatrist II, New York State Psychiatric Institute
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- State University of New York - Downstate Health Sciences Center
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Fellowship: State Psychiatric Institute