John Paul M. Reyes, PhD
Dr. JP Reyes completed his Bachelor’s degree at the University of Pennsylvania studying the Biological Basis of Behavior and Philosophy. He completed his doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Denver with a concentration in Multicultural Issues in Mental Health. He is experienced in the assessment and treatment of youth and families in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Following the completion of his doctorate degree, he completed his clinical internship at Bellevue Hospital/New York University Medical Center. He specializes in working with youth and families with a history of anxiety, stress/trauma, depression, and disruptive behaviors. Dr. Reyes is trained in Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and he supervises clinical trainees in these evidence-based treatments.
Dr. Reyes currently works in the Special Needs Clinic where he focuses on working with youth and families also affected by chronic medical illness. At the Special Needs Clinic, Dr. Reyes conducts evaluations, individual psychotherapy, and group psychotherapy.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- ADHD In Children, Adolescents and College Students
- Adolescent and Childhood Disorders
- Adolescent Depression
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Psychotherapy
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, University of Denver
- Internship: Bellevue Hospital Center - New York University
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Division