John George Keilp, PHD
Dr. Keilp is a neuropsychologist and clinical psychologist with research interests in the assessment of cognitive impairment in psychiatric and neurological disease. His major focus has been on depression and the association of cognitive impairment to suicidal behavior.
He heads the neuropsychology laboratory in the division of Molecular Imaging and Neuropathology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute, and has major collaborations on studies of Lyme disease, predictors of treatment response in affective disorders, and brain imaging.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology (in Psychiatry)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
1051 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10032
Quality Health Management
- Quality Health Management
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, 1990 Fordham University
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Clinical Psychology
- Keilp JG, Wyatt G, Oquendo MA, Harkavy-Friedman J, Mann JJ. : Intact alternation performance in high lethality suicide attempters.. Psychiatry Research 2014;219(1): 129-136
- Keilp JG, Sackeim H, Mann JJKeilp JG, Beers SR, Burke AK, Melhem NM, Oquendo MA, Brent DA, Mann JJ.: Neuropsychological deficits in past suicide attempters with varying levels of depression severity.. Psychological Medicine 2014;44(14): 2965-2974
- Keilp JG, Gorlyn M, Russell M, Oquendo MA, Burke AK, Harkavy-Friedman J, Mann JJ.: Neuropsychological function and suicidal behavior: attention control, memory and executive dysfunction in suicide attempt.. Psychological Medicine 2013;43(3): 539-551
- Keilp JG, Grunebaum MF, Gorlyn M, LeBlanc S, Burke AK, Galfalvy H, Oquendo MA, Mann JJ.: Suicidal ideation and the subjective aspects of depression.. Journal of Affective Disorders 2012;140(1): 75-81
- Keilp JG, Oquendo MA, Stanley BH, Burke AK, Cooper TB, Malone KM, Mann JJ.: Future suicide attempt and responses to serotonergic challenge.. Neuropsychopharmacology 2010;35(5): 1063-1072