Janet Schebendach, PhD
Dr. Schebendach is a registered dietitian with over 20 years of clinical and research experience in the treatment of eating disorders.
- Assistant Professor of Neurobiology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
Research interests include eating behavior, dietary energy density, diet variety, taste perception (fat, sweet, and 6-n-propylthiouracil), energy metabolism, and behavioral economics.
- Eating Diisorders
- Schebendach J, Broft A, Foltin RW, Walsh BT: Can the reinforcing value of food be measured in bulimia nervosa?. Appetite 2013;62: 70-75
- Schebendach J, Mayer LE, Devlin MJ, Attia A, Walsh BT. : Dietary energy density and diet variety as risk factors for relapse in anorexia nervosa: A replication. . International Journal of Eating Disorders 2012;45 (1): 79-84
- Schebendach JE, Porter KJ, Wolper C, Walsh BT, Mayer LE. : Accuracy of self-reported energy intake in weight-restored patients with anorexia nervosa compared with obese and normal weight individuals. . International Journal of Eating Disorders 2012;45(4): 570-574
- Schebendach J, Mayer LE, Devlin MJ, Attia A, Contento IR, Wolf RL, Walsh BT. : Food choice and diet variety in weight-restored patients with anorexia nervosa. . Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2011;111(5): 732-736
- Schebendach JE, Mayer LE, Devlin MJ, Attia E, Contento IR, Wolf RL, Walsh BT.: Dietary energy density and diet variety as predictors of outcome in anorexia nervosa. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2008;87(4): 810-816