Dr. Ellen Stevenson has been involved in clinical care, education and administration at Columbia University Medical Center for over two decades.
She currently oversees all clinical activity in Psychiatry at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center. One of her most satisfying projects has been developing and running a unique system of mental health care for the N.Y.P.D. and F.B.I. that began shortly after the terrorist attacks.
Dr. Stevenson serves on the Admissions Committee for Columbia Medical School as well as a variety of other administrative committees. She maintains a general practice of Psychotherapy and psychopharmacolgy, specializing in affective disorders, anxiety disorders, marital issues, parenting children with learning or behavioral problems and incorporates a variety of treatment strategies in her approach to patients.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Adjustment Disorder
- Adult Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Mental Health
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Clinical Director of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY