Elizabeth Evans, MD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
Dr. Evans graduated from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. She completed both her psychiatry residency training and a fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry at Columbia University. Her research during training focused on ways to enhance treatment outcomes in those with opioid use disorders. Dr. Evans specializes in working with patients suffering with disorders such as depression and anxiety, who have also found that drugs and alcohol are impacting their ability to feel fulfilled, be productive, or thrive in healthy relationships. She uses psychotherapy and/or medications, including Vivitrol and Suboxone, and facilitates family and couples therapy when appropriate. Dr. Evans also provides consultations for diagnostic evaluation and treatment planning. She sees patients at Columbia Doctors Midtown.
Schedule an Appointment
For billing questions, please call (212) 305-2600.
CHP Student Health
- Behavioral Health Columbia University Employee Plan
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Addiction Psychiatry