Nancy Turret, MSW
Nancy Turret has been a senior clinical and research psychiatric social worker at The New York State Psychiatric Institute for the past twenty-three years. As an instructor in Clinical Psychiatric Social Work at Columbia University, she has trained medical students, residents, graduate students in social work including doctorate fellows.
Nancy Turret has been involved in several different roles and responsibilities at The New York State Psychiatric Institute. In the Department of Geriatric Psychiatry, she administers diagnostic assessments and ongoing rating scales for the Adult and Late life Depression Clinic. As a therapist in the Complicated Grief Treatment Study, Nancy Turret provides an innovative individual psychotherapy treatment. Under the auspices of the Brain Stimulation and Therapeutic Modulation Division, Nancy Turret utilizes a variety of rating instruments to assess patient's participating in studies involving Magnetic Seizure Therapy. In addition, Nancy Turret has provided individual, family and group services on the in-patient General Services Unit, the in-patient Schizophrenia Unit as well as outpatient departments treating affective disorders, eating disorders, obsessive- compulsive disorders and a variety of other psychiatric illnesses.
- Instructor in Clinical Psychiatric Social Work
- Complicated Grief
- Devanand DP, Nobler MS, Cheng J, Turret N, Pelton GH, Roose SP, Sackeim HA: A Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial of Fluxotine for Elderly Patients. American Journal Of Psychiatry 2005;13: 59-68
- Devanand DP, Juszczak N, Nobler MS, Turret N, Fitzsimmons L, Sackeim HA, Roose SP: An Open Treatment of Venlofaxine for Elderly Patients with Dysthymic Disorder. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology 2004;17: 219-224
- Roose SP, Miyazaki M, Devanand D, Seidman S, Fitzsimmons L, Turret N, Sackeim H : An Open Trail of Venlafaxine for the Treatment of Late Life Atypical Depression. International Journal Of Geriatric Psychiatry 2004;19: 989-994
- Devanand DP, Turret N, Moody B, Fitzsimmons L, Peysor S, Mickle K, Nobler MS, Roose SP: Personality Disoders in Elderly Patients with Dysthymic Disorder. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2000;8: 188-195
- Nobler MS, Devanand DP, Kim MK, Fitzsimmons L, Singer TM, Turret N, Sackheim HA: Fluoxetine Treatment of Dysthymia in the Elderly. Journal of Vlinical Psychiatry 1996;57: 254-256