Jenna Hennessy, PHD
Jenna Hennessy, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and Instructor of Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at Columbia Doctors at 5 Columbus Circle and within the Neurological Institute at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC). Dr. Hennessy is extensively trained in the implementation of evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). She uses this training as a foundation from which to provide compassionate and change-oriented therapy to help empower individuals to lead fulfilling lives. She specializes in treating adults with a range of presenting concerns including anxiety, depression, trauma, interpersonal and relational distress, and difficulties regulating emotions and behaviors.
Dr. Hennessy completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland, College Park followed by her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology at Teachers College, Columbia University. While at Columbia, Dr. Hennessy focused her research and training on the affective responses to trauma. She continued this pursuit at St. John’s University where she completed her doctoral degree and dissertation research on the use of psychological assessment measures in treatment. Dr. Hennessy completed her predoctoral internship at Westchester Jewish Community Services and postdoctoral fellowship at Columbia University Irving Medical Center where she specialized in the individual and group treatment of anxiety, mood, and personality disorders.
- Instructor in Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Medicare Managed Care
- NYP Employee Plan
- NY Signature
- Student Health
CHP Student Health
Quality Health Management
- Quality Health Management
- Behavioral Health (Columbia University Employee Plan)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- BA, University of Maryland, College Park
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- PhD, St. John's University
- Internship: Westchester Jewish Community Services: Trager Lemp Center
- Fellowship: Columbia University Medical Center