Eleanor McGlinchey, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, 2004 Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
- MA, 2009 Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
- BA, 2013 Temple University
- Internship: 2013 Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: Columbia University Medical Center
- Development of psychosocial treatments for childhood and adolescent mood disorders
- Identification of biological markers of treatment response
- Sleep disturbance/circadian rhythm dysfunction as mechanisms in mood/anxiety disorders
Reyes-Portillo, J.A., McGlinchey, E.L., Toso-Salman, J., Chin, E.M., Fisher, P.W. & Mufson, L. (2019). Clinician experience and attitudes toward safety planning with adolescents at risk for suicide. Archives of Suicide Research, 23(2), 222-233.
Brereton, A. & McGlinchey, E. (2018). Self-harm, emotion regulation, and experiential avoidance: A systematic review. Archives of Suicide Research, 1-24.
McGlinchey, E.L., Oyesiku, L., Diaz, K.M., Ye, S., Abdalla, M., Schwartz, J.E., Davidson K.W., Alcantara, C. (2018). Impact of sleep duration and race on recurrent cardiovascular events following acute coronary syndrome. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 71(6), 701-703
McGlinchey, E.L., Reyes-Portillo, J.A., Turner, J.B., & Mufson, L. (2017). The relationship between sleep disturbances, depression, and interpersonal functioning in treatment for adolescent depression. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 22(2), 96-99.
McGlinchey, E.L., Courtney-Seidler, E., German, M. & Miller, A.;(2017). The role of sleep disturbance in suicidal and nonsuicidal self-injurious behavior among adolescents. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviors, 47(1), 103-111.
Asarnow, L.D., McGlinchey, E.L., & Harvey, A.G. (2015). Evidence for a possible link between bedtime and change in body mass index. Sleep, 38, 1523-1527. PMID: 26194568
Levine, A., & McGlinchey, E.L. (2015). Assessing sexual symptoms and side effects in adolescents. Pediatrics, 135, e815-817.
Clarke, G., McGlinchey, E.L., Hein, K., Gullion, C., Dickerson, J., Leo, M.C., & Harvey, A.G. (2015). Cognitive-behavioral treatment of insomnia and depression in adolescents: A pilot randomized trial. Behavior Research and Therapy, 69, 111-118.