Dr Ambrose is currently the Medical Director of the Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization at Columbia University. Integrating business development with clinical medicine, he also previously served as a subspecialist consultant in operations management and design thinking for industry through the Mass General Brigham Connected Health. For almost a decade, Dr Ambrose has also served as private consultant in user engagement, market entry, diversity/equity/inclusion (DEI) program development, wellness promotion, and burnout prevention for Mid-to-Large Size Companies, and executives and management leaders.
Clinically, Dr Ambrose specializes on treatment resistant mood disorders for both the adult and child & adolescent populations. In interventional neurotherapeutic psychiatry, Dr Ambrose also provides procedures in esketamine, ketamine, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
Dr Ambrose completed his medical trainings at Dartmouth and MGH, public health training at the National Center for Primary Center, and value-based healthcare training at the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice. He completed the Commonwealth Minority Health Policy Fellowship at Harvard Medical School and has a Master’s in Healthcare Management and Public Policy from Harvard University.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- ADHD In Children, Adolescents and College Students
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorder
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Senior Medical Director, Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
- NYP Employee Plan
- Behavioral Health (Columbia University Employee Plan)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Internship: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)/ McLean Hospital
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School