Some of the research questions currently being investigated are:
- What is the best treatment for younger and older people who have treatment resistant depression?
- How does psychiatric illness such as PTSD accelerate the aging process?
- What is the impact of aging processes such as decreased dopamine function or inflammation on the development of depression? Can patients at risk be identified before the development of illness?
- In older patients with depression and memory problems, are there treatment strategies that can effectively address both types of symptoms and result in good long-term outcomes?
- How do we develop effective treatments for the frail-depressed and alter the downward trajectory of this patient group?
- What is the relationship between hearing loss and depression?
There are no research studies actively recruiting at this time.