Treatment for Depression
Is Your Teen Depressed?
Are you the parent of an adolescent who is struggling with depression and sleep difficulties? We may have a treatment that can help.
We are conducting research to learn more about treatment for teens with depression and sleep difficulties. The study includes a thorough psychiatric evaluation and 8 weeks of sleep treatment followed by 12 weeks of Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-A) with an experienced psychologist at no cost.
What Does the Study Involve?
- The screening and baseline phase, where we determine if your teen is eligible for the study through a psychological evaluation
- The treatment phase, including 8 weeks of sleep treatment followed by 12 weeks of Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depressed Adolescents (IPT-A)
- The follow-up phase, involving an assessment of the teen’s response to treatment after the treatment has ended
Who Is Eligible to Participate?
To participate, your child must:
- Be English-speaking between the ages of 12 to 17
- Have symptoms of depression (persistently sad or apathetic mood, disturbed appetite, poor concentration, poor self-esteem, and decreased interest in pleasurable activities).
- Have trouble sleeping
Interested in Learning More About This Research Study?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
Dr. Ellie McGlinchey
Phone: (646) 774-5859