Dr. Shah graduated from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his psychiatry residency at Columbia University and served as chief resident in his final year. He was elected and served as the on the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) from 2014-2016. He was named a New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) Policy Scholar for his research on the implementation of integrated and collaborative care across the state. He has also written and presented nationally on physician depression and suicide. Dr. Shah sees adult patients at ColumbiaDoctors' 3 Columbus Circle location, where he conducts diagnostic and medication evaluations, medication management, and psychotherapy tailored to individual patient goals.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Adjustment Disorder
- Adult Psychiatry
- Adult Psychotherapy
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Executive Health
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Mental Health
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Medical Director, Columbia Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
For billing questions, please call 212-305-2600.
- Behavioral Health (Columbia University Employee Plan)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Muskin PR, Skomorowsky A, Shah RN: Comanaged Care for Medical Inpatients, C-L versus C/L Psychiatry. Psychosomatics. 2016; 57:258-263.
Kronish I, Shah RN, and Moise, N. "What Should Primary Care Providers Know About the Changes in DSM-5?" Current Psychiatry Reports. March 2016: 18(3): 30.
Shah Ravi N, Campbell K, Essock S, et al. "Information sharing across institutions to enhance operations of psychiatric emergency rooms in New York City" in Case Studies in Public-Sector Leadership Column of Psychiatric Services. 2016 Vol 67 (2): 156-158.
Goldman ML, Shah RN, Bernstein CA. "Depression and Suicide Among Physician Trainees: Recommendations for a National Response." JAMA Psychiatry. 2015; Vol 72 (5): 411-412.