Loren M. Gianini, PhD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
Dr. Gianini is an Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology in Psychiatry at the Columbia University Medical Center and a researcher at the Columbia Center for Eating Disorders at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Gianini received a B.A. from Wesleyan University and her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of New Mexico. Dr. Gianini completed postdoctoral fellowships at the Yale University Medical School and Columbia University Medical Center before joining the Columbia faculty.
Dr. Gianini’s research interests include the study of individuals with eating disorders. Most recently she has received an Irving Institute/Clinical Trials Office Pilot Award from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health for her study entitled “Cognitive Neuroscience of Weight Loss Maintenance.”
Schedule an Appointment
For billing questions, please call (212) 305-2600.
- Behavioral Health Columbia University Employee Plan
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, University of New Mexico
- Gianini, L., Klein, D., Call, C., Mayer, L., Foltin, R.W., Walsh, B.T., Wang, Y., Wu, P., & Attia, E. (2016). The reinforcing effect of exercise in anorexia nervosa: Clinical correlates and relationship to outcome. Eating Disorders: Journal of Treatment and Prevention, 24(5), 412-423.
- Gianini, L., Klein, D., Call, C., Walsh, B.T., Wang, Y., Wu, P., & Attia, E. (2016). Physical activity and post-treatment weight trajectory in anorexia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 49(5), 482-489.
- Gianini, L., Liu, Y., Wang, Y., Attia, E., Walsh, B.T., & Steinglass, J. (2015). Abnormal eating behavior in video-recorded meals in anorexia nervosa. Eating Behaviors, 19, 28-32.
- Sonneville, K., Grilo, C., Richmond, T., Thurston, I., Jernigan, M., Gianini, L., Field, A. (2015). Prospective association between overvaluation of weight and binge eating among overweight adolescent girls. Journal of Adolescent Health, 56(1), 25-29.
- Gianini, L., White, M., & Masheb, R. (2013). Eating pathology, emotion regulation, and emotional overeating in obese adults with binge eating disorder. Eating Behaviors, 14, 309-313.