Diana Samuel, MD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Associate Director of CPEP (Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program) at Columbia University Medical Center (2015-2017)
Dr. Samuel completed her residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center and then pursued dual fellowships in Emergency Psychiatry and Public Psychiatry at Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons. Following her fellowships, Dr. Samuel went on to take on the administrative role of Associate Director of CPEP (Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program) at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Roosevelt then transitioned to Associate Director of CPEP at Columbia University Medical Center’s CPEP until December 2017.
Dr. Samuel has extensive experience in evaluating and treating a wide variety of both acute and non-acute psychiatric symptoms and illnesses with several years of experience at renowned hospitals in NYC as well as having a growing private practice here at Columbia Doctors.
At Columbia Doctors Midtown, Dr. Samuel works with each of her patient’s to create an individualized treatment plan best suited for their needs. Dr. Samuel’s goal is to help her patients improve their overall mental health while developing a healthy therapeutic alliance which often includes collaborating care with various providers, family and friends depending on the patient’s needs.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
For billing questions, please call (212) 305-2600.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Internship: St Vincents Medical Center
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Honors & Awards
2005: Magna Cum Laude, Virginia Commonwealth University
2001-2005: Charles E. Brauer, Jr. Scholarship, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Campbell, K, Samuel, D, Dragatsi D. Treating Patient Well-Being in a Psychiatric Emergency Room. Psychiatric Services. October 2018: 69 (10).
- Samuel D, Schuetz-Mueller J, Katz CL. Disaster and Global Psychiatry. W. Goodman, A. Simon & A. New, Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Psychiatry, Wiley and Sons, New Jersey. December 2016.
- Samuel D, Angarita B, Igboeli B, Woldu H. Four International Residents' Perspectives on Working Overseas as Part of Residency Training: Liberia, Myanmar, and Saint Vincent/Grenadines. Annals of Global Health. New York, NY. March-April 2014:80(2).
- Samuel D, Sher L. Suicidal Behavior in Indian adolescents. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health 2013;25(3).
- Aloysi A, Samuel D, Katz CL, Schuetz-Mueller J, Carter J and Presley R. Mothers in Distress: Cases from the Maternal-Child Mental Health Consultation Service, Liberia, West Africa, poster accepted for conference, "Women and Children's Health in Africa: Clinical and Social Perspectives," Ohio University, March 29-30, 2013.