Digital Signage Submissions
NYSPI/CU Psychiatry Digital Signage Policy
The NYSPI/CU Psychiatry digital signage in the Kolb Building lobby and throughout the Pardes Building provides an opportunity for publicizing Psychiatry events in a highly visible and engaging manner.
Announcements Suitable for Posting
Suitable events include all those that are either sponsored or co-sponsored by the Department of Psychiatry. Events that are not suitable for posting on the screens include:
- Lectures, seminars, or symposia that are by invitation only
- Courses that require pre-registration
- Guest appearances by faculty, staff, or students at other institutions outside Columbia
- Administrative or other meetings among a group of faculty, staff, or students that are closed to others
Non-event postings/announcements will be considered if there is room on the rotation schedule. Examples of permitted signage are grant related announcements, special course announcements, and campus or public safety information.
Please send your contact information and completed slides to email@example.com. Formatted slide templates are provided below; a completed vertical and horizontal slide must be provided for each event. Submissions are due the Wednesday before the Monday they are to be posted. For more information, please contact Kristen.Watson@nyspi.columbia.edu.
The information below provides technical requirements for the creation of files that will be accepted for posting. JPEG and PowerPoint files that do not meet the required specifications will not be accepted.
Below are pre-designed templates that may be useful for creating your posting.
- DigitalSignage_Blank Horizontal Slide Template_Psychiatry.ppt
- DigitalSignage_Blank Vertical Slide Template_Psychiatry.ppt
- DigitalSignage_Sample Horizontal Slide Template_Psychiatry.ppt
- DigitalSignage_Sample Vertical Slide Template_Psychiatry.ppt
Size: 1920 (pixels high) x 1080 (pixels wide)
Resolution: 72 dpi (Embedded images should also be 72 dpi resolutions - note: stretching or enlarging images will result in a loss of dpi.)
Orientation: One vertical and one horizontal
Submit all files to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your contact information. Please allow 2-3 business days for confirmation that your announcement has been approved.
- Submissions without completed vertical and horizontal slides will not be accepted.
- Please note that Columbia Psychiatry Communications and Marketing reserves the right to make decisions about what is and isn't appropriate for posting.
- Please note that Columbia Psychiatry Communications and Marketing reserves the right to make decisions when a posting will appear in the announcement rotation.
- Each announcement will appear on the screen for approximately 15 seconds. Columbia Psychiatry Communications and Marketing reserves the right to adjust the appearance of time based on the number of announcements in the rotation.
- Announcements will be displayed on all screens. Individual screens cannot be selected or excluded.