Salary, Benefits and Agreement
Salaries and benefits depend somewhat on the employer and salary source.
- All PGY-1 residents are paid by New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Seven PGY-2 residents are paid by New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Five PGY-2 residents are paid by New York State
- All PGY-3 and PGY-4 residents are paid by New York State
Expected resident salaries, as of July 2018, are listed below, but adjustments may occur. Licensure increases salaries; we list below the most frequent conditions:
- PGY-4 (with New York State licensure): $ 89,487*
- PGY-3 (with New York State licensure): $ 82,201*+
- PGY-2: Visit NYPH-GME website for details+
- PGY-1: Visit NYPH-GME website for details
* Includes New York State location pay (approximately $3026) for full-time state employees.
+ Does not include approximately $900 withheld during first 3 months (after transition to a New York State line) which is paid back upon terminating employment with the New York State (at the end of residency).
All NYP paid residents are currently eligible for a $3000 annual housing allowance from New York Presbyterian Hospital.