What is the Role of the Psychiatrist?
The psychiatrist in Public and Community BH systems can vary depending on the needs of the community and the organization.
- Direct care provider- doing evaluations, psychoapharm and targeted therapy
- Supervisor of behavioral health staff- to oversee and advise direct reports from SW, PhDs, NPs, other clinical staff
- Consultant to other non-psychiatric MDs
- Medical Director of a program or division
- Chief Medical Officer
- Boundary Spanner- communication and collaboration across different systems of care